Rules & Regulations
Join the Debate Win the Experience Contest 2013
- The WestJet “Join the Debate, Win the Experience contest 2013” Contest (the “Contest”) is being conducted by WestJet, an Alberta partnership (the “Sponsor”) and commences at 12:01 AM (MST) on May 1, 2013 and continues until 11:59 AM (MST) on November 30, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”). Online entries will only be available on westjetfestivals.com during the Promotion Period.
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of Canada excluding Quebec, who has reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides and who is not an employee (or a person with whom an employee is domiciled) of the Sponsor, its affiliated companies or agents, advertising or promotional agencies.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, visit westjetfestivals.com and vote for your favorite festival. To claim a prize, Entrants must refer to the instructions below. Limit one vote per festival per day. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Contest is free of charge. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest or to win a prize.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The WestJet Join the Debate promotion is free of charge. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest or to win a Prize.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION: There are three (3) grand prizes (each a “Grand Prize”) available to be won, as follows:
Three (3) event package Grand Prizes, consisting of return flight for two (2) people from the Canadian airport that WestJet services with scheduled flights which is closest to the winner’s place of residence (the “Gateway Airport”) to the airport that WestJet services with scheduled flights closest to the event, 2 nights accommodation in a hotel determined by WestJet in its sole discretion, and two event tickets, when available . Draws will be made at the Sponsor’s head office in Calgary, Alberta at 12:00 PM (MST) on June 15, July 15 and August 15 respectively, for the following prize packages. Grand Prizes will consist of:
- Prize #1 Calgary Stampede Package (Calgary, AB)
1. Return flight for two to Calgary, valued at $1000.
2. Hotel accommodation, dates to be determined, valued at $250 per night for a total of $500.
3. Two tickets to a Calgary Stampede event, dates to be determined, valued at $250 each for a total of $500.
Prize Package Total Value: $2000
- Prize #2 K-Days (Edmonton, AB)
1. Return flight for two to Edmonton, valued at $1500.
2. Hotel accommodations, dates to be determined, valued at $250 per night for a total of $500.
3. Tickets to a K-Days event, dates to be determined, valued at $250 each for a total of $500.
Prize Package Total Value: $2000
- Prize #3 The Fair at Pacific National Exhibition Festival Package (Vancouver, BC)
1. Return flight for two to Vancouver, valued at $1000
2. Hotel accommodation, dates to be determined, valued at $250 per night for a total of $500
3. Tickets to a Pacific National Exhibition event, dates to be determined, valued at $250 each for a total of $500.
Prize Package Total Value: $2000
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All prize winners are responsible for transportation to and from the Gateway Airport and all other expenses not stated as included herein. Changes to flights and or passenger names are not accepted, once bookings have been confirmed.
All Grand Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be sold or traded, substituted, redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit or alternative prizes, except in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Grand Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. No credit or reimbursement will be provided if a Grand Prize is not taken. A Grand Prize cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or offers provided by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any flight(s) and winner will not be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event described herein. Other restrictions may apply.
- ODDS OF WINNING: At the outset of the Promotion Period: the overall approximate odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of entries received, 1 Grand Prize per person/household during the Promotion Period. The number of Grand Prizes available to be won in the Contest will decrease during the Promotion Period as they are awarded or otherwise dealt with in accordance with these Rules (as defined below).
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Entrants with winning Grand Prize packages will be contacted via email from the WestJet Sponsorship Team within two days of the prize draw. Those entrants must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without electronic, mechanical or any other kind of assistance onsite. The skill testing question will be administered at such time and in such manner as the Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. The entrant must then complete and sign a Declaration and Release Form: confirming compliance with these rules; acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded, without substitution; and releasing the Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with the Grand Prize or this Contest. Such Declaration and Release Form must be signed, failing which the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
- By entering this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Contest rules (the “Rules”), which are subject to change without notice, and all decisions of the Sponsor which are final. By entering, Entrants grant the Sponsor and its affiliates the right, but not the obligation, to use his or her photograph, filmed or recorded image, name and city of residence in all publicity campaigns related to the Contest without further notice or compensation.
- Awarding of any Grand Prize is subject to validation and eligibility verification. If due to printing or other error, more Grand Prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded according to these Rules, this Contest will be terminated and a random draw will be held from amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the remaining number of advertised Grand Prizes. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of Grand Prizes in these Rules.
- The eligibility of all potential Grand Prize winners is subject to verification by the Sponsor. The winners will be determined by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final in respect of any matter relating to this Contest and the awarding of the Grand Prizes. No correspondence will be entered into except with the winners. The Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations.
- The Sponsor: i) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Grand Prizes, ii) except where prohibited by law, disclaims any implied warranty, and iii) is not liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance or use or misuse of the Grand Prizes, travel related thereto or from an entrants’ participation in this Contest.
- This Contest will run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest or to amend these Rules at any time without notice.
- Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or telephone call to be received by the Sponsor whether or not due to the fault of the foregoing or of any other person, or whether due to computer mishaps, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from any participation in this Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Rules, or the distribution of the Grand Prizes.